Ever thought about streamlining and de-cluttering your life? If you haven't you probably should. In fact, decluttering is a spiritual exercise that I do at least twice a year. I don't mean just getting rid of material or physical things. I mean going deep within and giving thought to routines and habits that are not fulfilling to my soul. I'm referring to things that may keep me busy or take up time that lands me no satisfaction.
I've learned to live bigger with doing less and having less to do. As humans we often relate busyness with being productive, but you can be making a lot of movement yet still not going anywhere. It's time for you to live bigger with less. Less of the "should have" mental thoughts. Release all thoughts of what you "should have" done and focus on the things that you are intentional about actually doing. Stop information gathering and never taking any action. If you are taking classes, receiving coaching, counseling, advice, etc and you are not taking action then you need to exercise discipline or find you an accountability partner,or stop wasting time with seeking help.
Living bigger is not a material measure. Living bigger is about how enriching your life is. How satisfied are you with where you are? If you complain of being tired and exhausted at the end of most of your days then you are not doing things that are in alignment with your purpose or you need to minimize how much you try to do in one day. I'm going to give you 5 tips to live bigger with less so that you can experience the joy of each day and end each day with great energy and gladness.
Read Ecclesiastes 4:6 and then consider the following:
1. Don't be quick to jump onto the latest trends and lifestyle habits. Create your own standard of what living a good life looks like for you. We create our own struggles by trying to make our lives look like what's trending. This leads to a life of stress, chaos, disappointments, and vain busyness.
2. Focus on one thing at a time, let that fully blossom, and then move on to the next. This is mostly for the business men and women. It's hard to find success and satisfaction when we don't give one thing the time it needs to fully develop before we move on to something else. This leads to having done a lot of "stuff" but not really seeing the results that we really want.
3. Stop cramming your day. You only have so many hours in each day, do you really have to try to do it all today? Make you a priority list and pick 3-5 things that are priority for that day.
4. Start enjoying simple things more. You don't have to always be on the social scene or going on expensive vacations to fully enjoy your life. Some of the best times me and my husband have had are when we do simple, inexpensive things that didn't require us to leave home or go far from home.
5. Say no to the things that are not in alignment with your success & spiritual goals. This requires being very clear on exactly what it is that you want. Stop telling yourself, "I should be doing that" every time you see someone post a picture of a new business they started or a new vacation spot.
There are a lot of more ways to simplify your life and live bigger with less. Give it some serious thought and discover ways for yourself that will work for you.
Wishing you a more simple, fulfilled, and enriched life.
Pamela D. Smith